Thursday, January 12, 2012

VA

What a day at the VA, seeing three patients really wears you out. maybe that means that I worked really hard today Ill keep telling myself that. Sometimes I wonder how I am going to do it in private practice after I graduate when I am seeing alot more than three a day. I seen some really amazing patients today I did alot of root debridment and still did not pass the Pe off. dang it!! I also seen a patient from a care facility I was pretty disappointed to find his mouth the the condition that it was in. I polished so I could probe then polished a agian to see even better and then used the ultrasonic to debride the mouth once all of the material alba was gone and I was able to see I was blown away with all the demineralization and cervical carries I guess I was not supprised but It was really sad. part was the patients  doing and not brushing but also the care facility in not offering to help him brush. sad deal:( I learned alot  and it was a a great learning experience. I love my new professor she was so confident in us and so complimenting on our work. it was a motivator for all of us.  it was a good day at the va!!!:)

2 comments:

  1. I saw 3 patients the other day and was wore out too. I told Katie at the VA that I was tired and she says "I see 16 patients on a good day". Looking forward to those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad about the patient from the care center. I can't believe that they don't offer better care at those facilities. This is where we, the hygienists, come in and make a difference in their lives. We need to get the law changed so that we can go into a care center and clean teeth more frequently than they are being brought into the dentist.

    ReplyDelete