Monday, January 10, 2011

class 2 pt day

today was a big learning experience for me, I have been seeing pts that are very healthy and have only been class 1b which has made it really easy for me. today I had more of a challenge I had a feeling that my pt may end up being a class 2 but I still dont know exactly how to know when I have a class two mouth, so I wrote down 1b cause I was not forsure, but then I should have went with my first instinct and wrote down class 2 and i would have been right. oh well I hope ill know for next time. I did have success with my xrays I took 4 bite wings and 3 PA's and they turned out really well with no retakes. one thing that I am learning is that sometimes I think it would be easier to see people that I dont know that way I could just educate them and hope that they walk away knowing more than they came with and that by what I teach them they will put to use and I will start see an effect on their mouth when I see them again in 6 months. but with family it is hard. you try to teach them but you know them so well that you know when they are truely listening and caring for what you have to say. so that is why I think that it may be easier to work on someone other than family. today was a learning experience for me and i hope that next time I will know more what to do and what to look for so that when I get an od check I will be correct and she wont have to help me out as much. my goal for wed is to pass off explorer PE and probe a little faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment