Tuesday, September 6, 2011

VA

The second day at the VA went lots better than the first. I still don't have charting down but its coming along. thanks so much to Jodie  for being the ca today she helped out a ton. I was very luck to have got the patients that I got they were both so nice and were so appreciative of me and what I was doing for them. After today I felt like wow I think I really know what I am kinda doing and its starting to get easier the more and more I do it. after last week I felt like I knew nothing and should try first year again haha not. but by the time this week will be over I feel like I am back up to speed and kinda feel like I am a second year student and am going to be doing this in the real world next year with no instructor to guide me along, that is crazy to think but very exciting at the same time. Today I was able to see the effects of diabetes that it  has on the mouth I was quite amazed that no one had ever told this patient that periodontal disease and Diabetes go hand in hand with each other and by controlling your diabetes it helps reduce the probability of developing periodontal disease. or that if you have periodontal disease it can make it so that your blood glucose is out of normal range too. its amazing that so many things effect the oral cavity. well I learned lots today and hopefully I made a difference in someone Else's life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment