Saturday, October 8, 2011

Childrens Health connection day 2

The day was busy from the start with more kids and less volunteers. children ranging from 2-18 years old it was truly an amazing even and feel so pleased to have taken part of it. knowing that you are dong these children such a favor at have never seen a dentist before. by just giving the opportunity to get comfortable with the dental environment and know that its not scary is do a service to them. I got to do dental hygiene the last half of the day and I only seen 2 kids. but the one really needed sealents and the dentist tried and she just would not let im but after I got done cleaning her teeth we tried for about 30 mins to get her to let up put  theses sealents on her teeth I showed her how it worked and demo on her finger but finally we got one done and then she needed a brake and got one more and then a break but at least she was letting me do them and I didnt care how it took us to get them on we were going to do it cause I knew how much it was going to help her later from getting cavities. so I felt really good that I got all four sealents on and it took forever but we did it and hopefully she wont get a cavity their at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment